Image and Likeness of God!
Do we really look like God? Is it possible that this supreme being actually formed us in His own Image, or is what the Bible says not to be taken seriously?
Notice that the features of God are mentioned in many places throughout the Bible:
- Amos 9:8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD [are] upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, says the LORD.
- Isaiah 5:9 In my ears [said] the LORD of hosts, Of a truth many houses shall be desolate, [even] great and fair, without inhabitant.
- 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
- James 5:4 lo, the reward of the workmen, of those who in-gathered your fields, which hath been fraudulently kept back by you -- doth cry out, and the exclamations of those who did reap into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth have entered;
- Isaiah 1:20 And if you refuse, and have rebelled, [By] the sword youare consumed, For the mouth of God has spoken.
- Micah 4:4 And they have sat each under his vine, And under his fig-tree, And there is none troubling, For the mouth of God of Hosts hath spoken.
- Mt. 4:4 But he answering said, `It has been written, Not upon bread alone does man live, but upon every word coming forth from the mouth of God.'
- Job 40:9 Have you an arm like God? or can you thunder with a voice like him?
- Genesis 19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
- 1 Samuel 26;20 Now therefore, let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the LORD: for the king of Israel is come out to seek a flea, as when one doth hunt a partridge in the mountains.
- Numbers 12:8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were younot afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Mt. 18:10 Take heed that youdespise not one of these little ones; for I say to you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
Arms and Hands:
- Exodus 33:23 And I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
- Psalms 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but your right hand, and thine arm, and the light of your countenance, because you hadst a favour to them.
- 77:15 you have with [thine] arm redeemed your people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
- 89:10 you have broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; you have scattered thine enemies with your strong arm.
& :21 With whom my hand shall be established: my arm also shall strengthen him.
- 136:12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy [endures] for ever.
- Jeremiah 21;5 And I myself will fight against you with an outstretched hand and with a strong arm, even in anger, and in fury, and in great wrath.
- Exodus 8:19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, This [is] the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not to them; as the LORD had said.
- 31;18 And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
- Deuteronomy 9:10 And the LORD delivered to me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them [was written] according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.
- Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
- Nahum 1:3 The LORD [is] slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit [the wicked]: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds [are] the dust of his feet.
- Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
- Revelation 1:15 And his feet like to fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shining in his strength.
- Isaiah 16:11 Wherefore my bowels shall sound like a harp for Moab, and my inward parts for Kirharesh.
God isn't an ethereal vapor, or unformed blob of a life. He has form and shape, and since His whole purpose for mankind is to reproducing Himself, what ELSE would He form us after? What does YOUR family resemble in form and shape?
Return to Main page
Godkind web pages created and material written by Jeffrey T. Maehr. Common Law Copyright © 2012. All rights reserved. Reproduction allowed if credit to this website is listed with material. Off site material and some articles authored as stated.